Mobilizing Agenda for Business Innovation in the Two-Wheel sector
Mobilizing agenda for business innovation in the Two-Wheel sector aims to operationalise the intervention in priority areas of the value chain that will allow a structural transformation of the national industrial profile and development of a new specialization alignment of the sector, leveraging its competitive positioning in international markets, through development and endogenization of advanced knowledge around new products, processes and services, increase and differentiation of the national industry and enhancement of technological knowledge dissemination based on sustainability and digital transformation.
Thus, the Agenda’s main goal is to strengthen and expand the link between business ecosystem and scientific and technological system to increase competitiveness and resilience of the sector, based on research and technological development, innovation and diversification of products and services’ productive structure.
The agenda intends:
- to introduce product/process innovations in the two-wheel industry, aiming to obtain new solutions through investment in R&D and promote their economic valorisation through industrialisation;
- with R&D projects, to boost knowledge transfer from ENESII and companies, creating creative environments and gathering appropriate critical mass for development of disruptive solutions;
- with productive investment projects, capacitate technology holders for their production/implementation;
- that the R&D projects, which includes industrial research and experimental development activities, are aimed at raising the technological maturity of the various solutions;
- that the new products, processes, and services (PPS) to achieved, present a high tradable profile, contributing to significantly increase the sector’s exports and reduce imports, in particular from Asian market.
The Agenda is also supported by a plan for results promotion and valorisation.
CeNTI has an active role in this agenda, focusing on the development of new lighting and sensing systems, solutions for electric mobility and textile solutions and a textile-based composite part.
Project number: 15
Funding programme. Dimension: Recovery and Resilience Plan (RRP). Resilience
Component: C5 – Capitalisation and Business Innovation
Measure: RE-C05-i01.01 | Agendas/Alianças Mobilizadoras para a Reindustrialização
Consortium leader: Polisport Plásticos
Investiment (agenda): 213 739 775.68 €
Beneficiary entity: CeNTI – Centre for Nanotechnology and Smart Materials
Investiment (beneficiary): 1 562 153.85 €
Project duration: October 2021 to December 2025
RRP Website: PORTUGAL RECOVERY