Development of an innovative medication support solution
DOSEA project aims to develop a smart label to support drug therapy. This solution is a highly attractive product at pharmaceutical and hospital level, not only for clinical trials but also for home users. This project aims to develop a discreet and intuitive monitoring device which can be easily integrated into different types of medication packaging, including low-cost blister packs or medicine bottles of liquids/powders.
During DOSEA project, the consortium aims to create three products with a high degree of innovation, which allows the patient to monitor the adherence to medication, thus contributing to the mitigation of a global problem and leveraging the regional and national economy.
DOSEA is being developed in partnership with a European project “Sensing Robotics for Smarter Biotechnology – SR4SB”. This project was submitted to the EURIPIDES2 Program, which received approval with the EURIPIDES label.
- Increase the efficacy of drug therapies;
- Promote adequate and timely taking of prescribed medicine;
- Preservation and monitoring of medicines under appropriate temperature and humidity conditions;
- Develop a sensorization system for validation of medicine intake and innovative monitoring for the pharmaceutical area;
- Hardware and firmware improvements, including wireless communication, energy efficiency in the sensorization system and development of an intuitive mobile app.
Project Tittle: DOSEA – Dosing Sensor & Alarm
Project Number: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-033664
Project Duration: July 2018 to November 2021
Eligible Cost: 708.606,45 €
Financial Support from ERDF: 494.008,63 €
Project Type: SI I&DT Empresarial – Copromoção
Intervention Region: Centre and North of Portugal
- DOSEA basic version is under final prototyping phase.
- DOSEA + version is under development and further optimizations. To control and monitor this solution an APP is being developed.
- DOSEA omni version is currently undergoing preliminary studies.