MASTRO [Intelligent bulk Materials for Smart TRanspOrt industries] project aims to develop intelligent bulk materials for the transport sector based on novel concepts like self-sensing, self-deicing, self-curing, self-healing, and selfprotection properties.
The functionality of the developed components will be supported by theoretical material models and demonstrated under relevant conditions at prototype level for the aerospace, automotive, and transportation networks.
The matrices addressed consist of lightweight polymer composites, asphalt, and concrete formulations incorporating electrical carbon-based conductive nanomaterials. These materials will improve consumer safety, component life-span, and performance while reducing maintenance and manufacturing costs.
1. Produce various types of tailored carbon-based nanomaterials with electrical conductive functionalities
2. Develop a multi-scale model for predicting the self-responsive functionalities of composite materials
3. Design and develop intelligent bulk materials with self-responsiveness properties
4. Develop an ICT platform for intelligent monitoring and control
5. To demonstrate, prove, and validate the developed functionalities
6. Conduct LCA, LCC, and REACH analysis, standardization, and training activities
7. To boost the communication, dissemination, and exploitation of the technologies
Project Duration: December 2017 to May 2021
Eligible Cost: 6.002.887,50 €
European Union Funding: 6.002.887,50€
Intervention Region: Europe